Leaders have a ton of responsibilities that keep their days completely packed, often overflowing. They are always juggling multiple projects at once. Effective strategies include management of different tasks to be completed in a predefined time frame to accomplish your goals.
Effective team leaders put up their time management skills to tackle the challenges faced in daily life and maintain a balance between work and their life. There isn’t a way to add more hours to a day but effective time utilization can save some hours. Being a leader doesn’t mean that you have to do everything yourself. You need to know which responsibilities can be delegated to the employees to free up your time for things that really need your attention. Prioritizing tasks can be a great way to get organized and more productive.
“You will never “find” time for anything. If you want time, you must make it.” -Charles Bruxton
This is where online time management tools come into play to ease off the pressure. If you have been struggling to manage your time, below is a list of 7 online tools which can help you manage time.
1. TRELLO: Trello is a project management tool that organizes your projects into boards. It gives you an online board where you can list your sticky notes with links, photos, attachments, etc. You can collaborate with your team and assign them tasks to complete.
In one glance, you can easily know what’s being worked on, who is working on which project and which projects are in progress right at that moment. The simplicity of the interface and drag and drop feature makes it super easy to use. You can give priority to important tasks and put deadlines on it.
This tool will help you to understand what’s important for you and what can be scheduled for later. Hence, time saved.
Download Trello from this link for your operating system: https://trello.com/platforms
2. ASANA: Asana enables teams to work together effortlessly. This tool is very useful for managing both large and small projects. Sometimes, complex projects consume so much time and most of it goes into collaborating, sending emails and attending an unnecessary meeting.
Asana is somewhat like Trello but it takes a more task-oriented approach to project management. It is used by some of the top organizations like GE, NASA, and Airbnb.
Asana on iOS
Asana on Android
3. RESCUE TIME: RescueTime is a tool that helps you understand how you and your team spends their time and attention. A unique function of this tool is that there is no need to enter data. The tool is smart enough to track which application you are using and what websites you are surfing.
RescueTime will help you to narrow down the inefficiencies in a day and help you figure out where time is being invested and where it is being wasted. It has dozens of cool features like setting goals and alarm, detailed reports, productivity score, etc.
Download RescueTime from here: https://www.rescuetime.com/download
4. GOOGLE CALENDAR: Google Calendar is one of the most famous tools for time management. You can schedule events, create reminders, share and view calendars, and customize it the way you want. It’s easy to use interface makes scheduling and entering data super easy.
You can sync the calendar on all your devices and can start scheduling meetings and events. Google calendar can be integrated with a dozen of online tools and is highly customizable.
Google Calendar on iOS
Google Calendar on Android
5. SCORO: Scoro is a team time management software which allows its users to control their entire business from a single page. It offers a ton of features like collaboration, project management, CRM, quoting and billing, work scheduling and tracking, reporting and tracking, etc.
Scoro can save a lot of time for team leaders who are managing projects and make the process faster. This can in turn save time and increase productivity.
Scoro on iOS
Scoro on Android
6. CLICKTIME: ClickTime is a time and expense management tool which helps you monitor working hours. It also helps to ensure that your expenses are well documented and managed. It has a feature called “Project Insights” which helps you predict the profitability of your business.
You can manage your entire workforce with this tool. You can also assess employee capacity and maximize the productivity by distributing tasks that suit their skills and expertise.
7. 135LIST : 135List is a tool that uses the 1-3-5 rule to prioritize the day. This tool is very simple to use and very effective in increasing productivity. It works on the idea that you need to select 1 big task, 3 medium sized tasks, and 5 small tasks.
It has a beautiful interface and is very flexible. You should give this one a try and you will feel more productive at the end of each day.