We hear social media management all day and we all are connected to websites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Digg, Reddit, etc. The term ‘social media’ is used so vaguely today that some people like to say that all websites are social media. Some people have a restrictive view of social media and equate it with social networking. They don’t consider blogs as a part of social media.
Let’s break down the term into two parts to get a better understanding of this whole topic.
Social: The term ‘social’ refers to sharing information with others and getting information from them.
Media: The term ‘media’ is like an instrument of communication. Newspapers, TV, radio are different instruments of communication but the largest of all is the INTERNET.
Social media is a very broad term. It is a web-based communication tool that acts as a medium to let people connect and communicate with each other.
According to stastista.com, In 2019, it is estimated that there will be around 2.77 billion social media users around the globe, up from 2.46 billion in 2017.
So, how exactly people are using social media for their businesses? Its simple, “Go where your customers are hanging out”. Today, businesses are leveraging the technology to get more customers. In this post, you are going to get a deep understanding of social media and how you can use it to grow your business.
What is Social Media Management?
In this era, customers like to follow brands and businesses online. They interact with them via twitter, facebook, etc and they hope for a faster and professional response. Engaging with your audience on social media is important than ever.
Small businesses often lack in this field because of limited resources or lack of time to manage their online profiles. This is where social media tools come in.
Social Media Management Tools?
Social media management tools are designed to make the management of social media easier. Through these tools, you can manage your campaigns and conversations from one interface which saves a lot of time. These tools are often very affordable with monthly or yearly subscription and some of them are free to use.
Here is a list of social media management tools that you can use right away:
How is social media management going to help your business?
With social media management, you are going to:
- Manage multiple accounts across multiple platforms.
- Analyze the social media to know what your customers really want.
- You can schedule posts to keep your profile updated so that you don’t lose engagement with your followers.
- Receive and monitor requests and complaints to improve your product or services.
- Build up a brand online and going worldwide.
Social media opens up a ton of opportunities that businesses can grab to cut up marketing costs and target their customers with right demographics. It is going to save time, save money, increase authority, understanding your audience, take control of your brand’s reputation, etc.
So, How exactly can you start?
Social media management is a full-time job because it consists of so many parts that need to be focused. You can use the tools mentioned above to manage your social presence and engage with your customers.
The first thing you have to do is:
- Set up your business on all major social media channels. This includes Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, etc. Small tip: You don’t need to be posting on all of these social channels; analyze your business and find the right audience. Then, find out which social channels your right audience is hanging out. It’s as simple as that.
- Next, you have to sign up for a management tool and connect all your social media profiles to this tool. Now you can access all the profiles from one single interface.
- Make a content curation strategy. You can’t just post anything on your social media. The content has to make sense to the customer who is expecting niche related content from you. Try a mix up of content, post some niche related posts followed by some entertaining posts for fun. This will make your social profile interesting.
- When you have built up your following, leverage it to market new products or services. The whole idea here to provide quality to your followers and build trust with them.
I don’t have enough time for management; How much will it cost to hire an agency?
Digital marketing services are a great way to add value to your business. The cost can vary on various factors like:
- Size of your company
- How often you want to post?
- Type of services you require
- Platforms you want to maintain
- Level of analytics you need
- If you want to provide customer service through social media
Get a personalized quote for social media management today by contacting us from here.